Les Cercles

Friday, February 1, 2013

Motorcycle Shop Window
Circles are my favorite shape. I hadn't really given it much thought until I looked through my vacation photos from my trip to Paris last summer. There I noticed circle after circle - in fine art, food, graffiti...I'm not sure why I'm so attracted to circles. Maybe it's because they're clean - no sharp corners or messy ends. Maybe it's because they represent calming concepts like eternity, infinity, unity.  Or maybe it's because, as designed, the circle naturally draws me in and narrows my focus to whatever experience or message is being shared inside that circle. The more I think about it though, the more I believe that everything just looks better in a circle.  For whatever reason, I like circles. If you like circles too, I hope you enjoy my Paris pics and I invite you to follow my Circles Board on Pinterest.
Delaunay Painting, Musee d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris
"Look at the Sky" graffiti
Original art by the owner of our apartment on rue de Clery
Babar Exhibit at Les Arts Decoratifs
Candles at The Church of Saint-Eustace

No comments:

Post a Comment